Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday - The Hardest Day

Ugh! Saturdays are definitely THE hardest days for me. Since it's Fall, that means football, which means FOOD. And not food I can control since we go to a friend's house for game days. It also means spending time with the hubby and kids, which can also mean eating out. Today was no exception.

Saturday for me is a "half portion" day - in other words, I just eat half of every meal that day. This is probably the hardest day for me as well. The eating plan includes partial liquid days and a fast day - and those I can do, it's telling myself I can only eat half of something that is SO hard. I'd rather drink a V8 and call it a day, than cut my sandwich in half. The temptation is so great.

So I blew today. I started out right, halving my bowl of cheerios at breakfast. But then lunch came. Mark's Dad came into town and we went to Smokey Mo's - oh goodness. Since it was"family style" a half portion was even harder to judge - and I know I didn't do it right. My half become a whole, and I stopped just short of full.

Then we were off to watch the game and we were bringing dessert. Cookies. Yeah, I had, oh, TEN cookies during that 4 hour game. Ten?!!!?? ARGH.

And now I'm exhausted from a long day of wrangling kids, plus Mark isn't home - so no run for me either.

I hate when I get off track - it's so disappointing and always seems like a long uphill battle to get back on track.

I was also discouraged that I really haven't lost anymore weight since the last weigh in. That always motivates me and well it's not there. The Lord's Table program tells me to satisfy myself with Christ, not food or obsession over weight, and here I am, down in the pit again.

Guess it's time to try, try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment