Monday, October 5, 2009

Mel's Week Two

Oh how the posting falls off...or for some hasn't started yet! For those still waiting to start, I encourage you to begin!! Even baby steps are forward progress. And for those that are stalled, just get back up, brush your self off and keep going.

We have an excellent group of bloggers (9 now) and I can't wait to hear all our stories when everyone is ready.

Now on to my week 2.

I only ran Sunday, Monday, and then Sunday again. My nights are generally very busy and last week was no exception. Add in some rainy days and that nixes my run. But I ran last night again and hopefully will make it out tonight.

I had a rough day on Saturday - you may have read my 10 cookie overdose post. But other than that I've been pretty on track. I got back on track Saturday evening and have stayed on since.

Powerful verse from the Lord's Table study this week:

Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations - "Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle," which all concern things which perish with the using - according to the commandments and doctrines of men? These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in a self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of NO value against the indulgence of the flesh.

Colossians 2:20-23
This makes me think of all the diets out there right now and how they have empty promises to "make your life better". I'm through with all that. There is no satisfaction there.

This weeks numbers:

Weight lost this week: 1 lb
Total lost: 5lbs
Running distance 2.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment