Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Where I'm At

Life is never simple. Oh how true that statement is. Wouldn't you know it, the day I start blogging about fitness and work out for the first time, the next day I get food poisoning. And let's face it, that's just the way life rolls. Setbacks can and WILL happen. But, I will persevere despite them.

So here's my story. I've had two children now and my body shows it. Even after I lost most of the baby weight with Hayden, my body was still different than it was before. I might have been the same weight, but my jeans no longer fit. WHAT!? And after the second baby, well, let's just say I bought new clothes.

That's where I'm at right now. My room is filled with clothes that don't fit. The clothes I do have, just look plain frumpy. I'm tired of only wearing that one pair of jeans that fit comfortably. I'm tired of avoiding sleeveless shirts, shorts and skirts because I don't like how they look. I'm tired of cringing every time I see a picture of me. So I'm going to do something about it.

But, I don't want that quick fix. I want this to be a permanent change in my life. So I'm avoiding the fad diets I've used in the past, because obviously - the weight just comes back. I want to work on a healthy lifestyle - one that sticks with me.

My goals are:

1.) To lose 15 lbs - this would get me to my pre-baby weight, not that I would be done there though, haha.

2.) Reduce refined sugar and white flour in my diet

3.) Drink more water

4.) Add exercise back into my life. I've always enjoyed running and started again Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment