Thursday, September 24, 2009

Time to start, or I'll never finish.

I have definitely packed on pounds this summer. After the birth of my son, I was doing great. I lost all the baby weight in less than a month and then preceded to lose an additional 20 lbs. Granted I still had more to lose even after that, but I was better off post baby than pre baby. But. There is always a but isn't there? As the weather got warmer, and warmer, and warmer, I found myself going out less and walking less. Then my son started eating food, as in real food. Or perhaps I should say he started to not eat food, and I started to eat his food. Yeah, a bite here, a taste there, a lick here. Don't want food to go to waste after all. Oh and I make his meals with whole milk and such, err I should I say I make my mini meals that way (what is left that he didn't eat). Yeah, combine that with the less moving part, and all I accomplished post baby is gone. Actually, I am currently at about the weight I was at say 15 weeks pregnant (and I am not any weeks, haha). Sigh.

My goals are simple.
Just Me is right though, nothing is simple in life.

1) Don't eat my son's food. Not one bite. Seriously this is one of the most sabotaging behaviors I have

2)Now that the weather is cooler, walk. Walk, walk, walk. That was my secret in the early post baby days. It worked then, it can work now.

3)Quit Women's Bible Study. Ok, just kidding. That said Women's Bible Study has way too much good food. Seriously, I could eat a day's worth of calories in 1 hr. There are sometimes healthy options, but the other options want my love, haha. I got to deny those options my love.

4)Stop the soda. Actually I am going to see if hubbie will be on board with a soda free household. He will probably say yes....starting Monday...the issue is Mondays rarely exist in this house.

5) I don't got a 5 yet, haha.

The truth of the matter is I got a lot of weight to lose. Over 100 lbs actually. If I were to lose 100 lbs I would still be considered "overweight." That is just plain scary. I am not good at breaking things into small pieces either. I fall into the trap of focusing on the big goal rather than mini goals. I could say one goal of mine is to lose 15 lbs like a couple said, but all I hear in my head is 15?, 15?, try 150! And boy is that an overwhelming number! Truth is I don't know if I ever will be not fat. I don't know if I am capable of being not fat. OK, what a motivator I am to you all!, haha.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! That food at Ladies Bible study is sooooo unhealthy. Wanna make a pact to not eat it? If you don't, I won't. I'd be better off eating breakfast at home.

    I'd love to lose 40 lbs - but my goal is 15 for now. I just chose a time period instead of a number really. Like I'd like to get back to the way I looked pre-Corbin. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very hard to turn down free food. It's after all, free! Gotta love free. But is it really free? It comes with a price, just not a monetary one. Why don't they make signs to put near the food. Breakfast Casserole. Cost: a big butt. Donut. Cost: big thighs. Yeah, that would help, haha.

    Let me think this over before I say I won't. When I say I won't, I want to mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a group...why not suggest only healthy choices?

    ReplyDelete